First (hopefully not last) matte painting from my own pictures from Hawaii. Given that we traveled across 4 main islands I used photos from every one:
- the sun is from Haleakala Summit sunrise watching (Maui)
- the clouds are from Haleakala sunrise and Kauai Na Pali Coast Sunset Cruise (Kauai)
- the coastline on the left & right is Na Pali Coast taken from a helicopter
- the other mountains are from Waimea Canyon (Kauai) and Awa'awapuhi Valley (also Kauai)
- the rock I'm standing on is from the top of Koko Crater (Oahu)
- the vegetation around the rock is from around Akaka Falls (Big Island) and Waianapanapa State Park (Maui)
- the big waterfall on the right (and actually also the on the bottom left) is from Wailua Waterfall (Kauai)
- the other watefalls are also from Kauai including the little Jurassic Park Waterfall on the right side of Napali Coastline (I added him there just for fun, even it's almost invisible) and the little one on the left is from Rainbow Falls (Big Island)
- the base texture of the sea is the ocean around the Na Pali Coast taken from a helicopter and I added another cool textures from Oahu (Hanauma Bay) and two lava textures from Big Island (Volcano National Park)
I'm sure I forgot something, but you get the picture.
The most important for me and most exciting location are there - Na Pali Coast (epic place, just epic), Haleakala Sunrise (it's freaking freezing up there) and lookout into Awa'awapuhi Valley (scary, but really, really cool). I also loved Mauna Kea Summit, but it kind of didn't fit this scene, so maybe next time in some volcano / lava scene, who knows.
Anyway, Hawaii is really amazing place and it was worth every penny and I recommend all of you - go and visit these magical islands, you won't regret it.